Vegan Mac & No Cheese
Vegan, Dairy-free and absolutely delicious – this creamy mac and no cheese is just like the real thing and is proper comfort food.
Serves 2 people
- 120 g macaroni pasta
- 170 g of garlic
- 200 g of smoked tofu
- 400 ml of unsweetened soy drink
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Turmeric powder
- Brewer’s yeast
- black pepper
- Olive oil
- Sweet chili
- Place a pan on the stove with water and salt. As soon as the water comes to a boil, add the pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan with a generous amount of olive oil, place the tofu cut into medium cubes and let it fry until it is golden brown.
- Then add 2 teaspoons of saffron, sweet pepper to taste, black pepper to taste, salt, add leek cut in half moons and wrap.
- Let it cook until the leek reduces in size.
- In a tall glass mix the soy drink, the mustard, the cornstarch and pour the mixture into the skillet over a low heat. Finish with 2 spoons of brewer’s yeast and let it cook until it thickens, always be stirring.
- As soon as the sauce thickens, it is ready to serve.
Inspired by Luisa Ferreira, Sardinha Fora da Lata Blog