Senior Product Manager
About the job
Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world’s largest social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to reverse the tide of deforestation by planting a billion native trees. So far our 15 million users have planted over 100 million trees. Our reach is expanding as we continue to grow and plant trees worldwide!
We’re looking for a passionate Product Manager to join us in Berlin. Take ownership of an existing product used daily by millions of people or start an entirely new product. Join a unique workplace and be part of reforesting the planet!
What you’ll be doing
- As a product manager you lead the discovery, evaluation, development and release of new features and products. You go wide when looking for opportunities and possible solutions and then converge towards the best solution taking into account analytics and market data, technology, user research and strategic direction.
- You work in a cross functional team of developers and product designers in order to ship products that users love and that help them plant millions of trees.
- Work with stakeholders across the organization to find the best solutions, create strategic alignment and maximize the impact and reach of the products you ship.
- You take strategic ownership of your area covering topics across the whole user journey from user acquisition and onboarding to long-term retention and monetization. Your long-term thinking influences the overall product and company strategy.
- Enable your team to design and optimize robust software, that can guarantee the highest quality, uptime and scalability for millions of users. Make sure your team has what it takes to do so and if not, you jump into action to change that.
- You keep learning new things, stay open minded and look to the broader industry for inspiration and partnerships.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in developing digital products.
- You have shipped valuable features for digital products. Some of your experience is in consumer products with an international audience.
- You have demonstrated the ability to work with senior leadership, make strategic decisions and move a team forward confidently under ambiguity.
- You have a solid technical understanding that enriches your conversations with your team, an eye for a good user experience and know when to use data and how to leverage user research and testing.
- You are a precise communicator, orally and in writing and are able to use visual tools to get your point across. You are also a good listener and can step into the shoes of others to understand their point of view.
- Your heart is beating for our cause and you connect with our core values and the way we work. (Please read about our values on our website. )
- Fluent spoken and written English (German not required).
- Some of your experience is in consumer products with an international audience.
- We’d love to see that you have worked directly on growth and retention topics or have started a successful product from scratch.
- You are an entrepreneur at heart. You can see the big picture and dive into details where needed to ship a solution that works.
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role: we encourage and support growth and development for everyone.
Work for a purpose!
- Instead of working to earn an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you’ll add millions of trees for the planet
- Your work will be used by millions of people across the globe daily
- Eco-activism is not expected, but it’s fully supported by the company
- Want to know what it’s like to work for Ecosia? Check out our info page
- Learn more about Ecosia and what we stand for with these 10 questions for Ecosia’s Founder and CEO
Grow your expertise!
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
- Available opportunities and support to advance your professional growth such as monthly learning days, hack days, and a free book policy
- An entrepreneurial environment open to your ideas and initiatives
Balance work with other parts of your life!
- Outstanding flexibility in terms of working hours (part -time:32 hours, also possible) and location. Remote during Covid-19 if you are in CET time zone.
- Two ‘no-meeting’ days per week and open for periods of remote work
- 30 vacation days
Get compensated well and fairly!
- A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience
- Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your monthly green-electricity bill
- Additional perks include weekly team lunches, free vegetarian/vegan snacks, and drinks
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
Diversity and inclusion are important for us and we are constantly working on improving it. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, where everyone, from any background, can do their best work We are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity. We stay true to our mission together with ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. We are constantly working on improving it and welcome feedback.
Please add Cover letter to your CV.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.