Website Swarthmore College
About the job
Swarthmore College Dining Services is seeking full time/benefits eligible line cook. We are a self-operated scratch cooking kitchen and serve up to 3000 meals a day.
The line cook is responsible for ensuring the timely production of menu items throughout each meal period. This is achieved by following production and recipes as documented in the production book. Reports and records accurate production information. Knowledge of ethnic and gluten free dining a must in order to serve our very diverse students, faculty and staff.
Required Education And Experience
- High School diploma
- Must possess knowledge of ethnic foods as well as allergen free cooking and vegan and vegetarian cooking.
- Culinary School
- Minimum of two years culinary experience and a College setting
- Must be able to communicate and write in English
- Must be able to operate food preparation equipment (ovens, stoves, slicers, fryers, steamer etc.)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be flexible and able to work in a face-paced environment
- Must be a team player
Why Swarthmore College Dining Services?
- We offer great benefits including heath care, life insurance, tuition benefit for children, vacation and sick time as well holiday pay and time off for most major holidays
- We are close to Septa trains and bus routes
- We are nestled within a beautiful Arboretum setting
- We are a 7 day a week operation with scheduled hours between 6:30am-8:00pm (two shifts)
- We enjoy trying new recipes and welcome creative suggestions from our culinary staff
This is a recruitment only posting. We do not currently have an opening but will reference this applicant pool when one becomes available.
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applicants from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those who with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Woman and minorities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.