Baker / Pastry
Website Wolfoods, Inc.
About the job
About This Job
Wolfoods operates summer camp kitchens across the country between May – September.
We are looking for motivated and responsible Bakers / Pastry Chefs with High Volume, Scratch Production experience.
All Bakers / Pastry Chefs will live on site at the job location – Room, Board, & Travel Expense Assistance are provided.
The position requires the ability to facilitate the duties and responsibilities of creating, implementing and maintaining the culinary needs for the Camp Baking Program, providing the camp with clean, comfortable surroundings, ensuring correct timing, quantity and that the quality is accurately provided for all meal periods and special requests.
This position requires an outgoing personality, a sense of urgency and willingness to engage with both front and back of the house staff, camp directors, managers, leaders, specialists and diners. Able to answer all food and service related questions in accordance the Wolfoods standards of service guidelines.
The Baker performs skilled baking work and supervises a bakery. Work requires initiative, hand-on self reliance, and judgment.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Inventory Controls
- Project Management
- Upholding Standards of Cleanliness, Service, & Quality
- Managing Staff
- Client Relations
- Precisely follow the Woolfoods comprehensive Camp Food Training Program
- Attend related in-service training and staff meetings as required
- Uses weights and measures to properly execute ingredients in recipes
- Prepares and bakes all bakery items for menu and special request events following standardized recipes
- Ensures that production is accurate in timing, quantity, quality and plate up requirements
- Supervises bakery personnel; duties include planning, organizing, scheduling and directing work, training personnel
- Understands the importance in cross utilization
- Understands the importance of utilizing excess production
- Estimates baking needs, requisitions adequate supplies, inventory supplies and keeps records of products made and used
- Places accurate food orders ahead of time
- Ensures bakery and equipment are maintained according to proper health and sanitation needs
- Teaches and enforces safety regulations
- Specialized decorating
- Assists in developing and tasting recipes
- Assists in planning bakery products menu
- Recommends equipment purchases
- May act as a kitchen supervisor during periods other than normal serving hours
- 2+ years High Volume Commercial Kitchen Experience
- Proficient in relevant skills relating to specific role
- Quality Driven
- Personable, Friendly, & Approachable
- Positive & Professional
- Pride & Passion
- Ability to self motivate
- Criminal Background check
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Uphold Health Department Standards
- Able to both lead a team & take direction
- 6 day work week, 10 12 hrs/day
- Living Accommodations may be private cabins in rural setting
Ideal Candidates Are
- Looking for seasonal, summer opportunities.
- Enjoy the challenge of a high volume production kitchen and dining facility
- Embrace a teaching and learning culture
- Get excited about being a part of a team and community
- Are available to relocate for the summer season in a rustic living environment
Employment Package Includes
- Competitive Pay
- Bonus System
- Transportation Expense Assistance
- Seasonal Summer Contracts
About Wolfoods, Inc.
Minimum three professional references required with application submission.
WOLFoods breaks away from the standard approach towards “camp food” by eliminating the standard Freezer To Table fare and improving it with Home Style Scratch Cooking. Partnering with Camps committed to offering campers healthy, fresh, and delicious foods, WOLFoods is changing the perception of camp food into something more of suitably called Camp Cuisine. Summer Camp Kitchens and Dining Halls are a great opportunity to educate campers on the importance of Balanced Diets and Green Initiatives. A diverse menu offering allows campers to not only enjoy their favorites, but to experience culture through exploring cuisine. Each meal offers something freshly baked on site by one of our professional bakers in the camp Bakery. Campers can enjoy perfectly executed entrees or they may enjoy an offering from the Morning Fruit and Yogurt Bar at breakfast and during lunch and dinner, the Salad Bars. No camper is left without personalized care. Any camper requiring Special Diets is attended to with the importance by one of our trained chefs. Wolfoods is practiced and prepared to cook for an array of diets ranging from Kosher to Nut Free, or Gluten Free to Vegan.
The above information is general in nature and level of work expected; it is not intended to be interpreted as an inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualification required of employees assigned to this role. Wolfoods Food Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and shall treat all applicants for employment equally based upon job-related qualifications and without regards to race, color, age, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, disability, religion, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.