Website The Guava Kitchen
We are recruiting an experienced Vegan Chef, preferably who has at least 2 years experience working within a vegan restaurant or food business. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to support our Head Chef at our vegan eatery / deli based in South East London. We are looking for someone who is passionate about discovering how to prepare international foods using vegan recipes.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is passionate and ambitious to learn about a creative and demanding business, with the opportunity to work your way up, be valued and rewarded for your hard work. https://theguavakitchen.com/
You will need to:
– be meticulous and demonstrate a positive attitude
– prepare recipes under the direction of the senior Chef
– manage deliveries and stock rotation
– efficiently and effectively manage all aspects of preparatory food operations
– implement a safe and hygienic kitchen environment
– be an excellent team player with a “can-do” attitude
– speak good English
– as a small business reliability and punctuality is important, as being a dependable member of staff is an additional asset to our business
– Any health & safety and food hygiene diploma
– A valid UK work permit/visa
Our deli / café ethos is based around sharing and creating happy experiences and we are passionate about demonstrating this within our team. You will therefore need to be solution driven, process a positive attitude and be a good team player. Staying calm under pressure and ensuring that you always remain respectful and understanding to other members of staff, as well as having a happy demeanour, will be an important attribute. Our deli will have a strong emphasis on teamwork, we may also require you to be flexible to do other duties outside of your core role.
We will require you to work a minimum of 40 hours per week with two days off, shifts will cover Monday – Sunday and vary depending on shift rota. You will be required to have some flexibility regarding working hours as start times could be as early as 7am. You will also on occasion be required to work an evening shift.
This position can also be part-time. Part-time essential days will be Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £11.00-£15.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- 10 hour shift
- Every weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
Screening at premises, all staff wearing masks and following Covid-19 business procedures
- Chef: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person
Reference ID: GuavaChef
To apply for this job please visit theguavakitchen.com.