Website Vegan Wholesaler
We are looking for a fantastic stock control executive.
The successful candidate will be in charge of our stock levels, ensuring we have the right amount of stock available at all times.
Please note that you do not need to dominate this field before applying, but a serious interest and commitment to learn is key.
We’d like to find a motivated team member that can manage our stock levels by forecasting properly, checking expiring dates and placing Purchase Orders (POs).
Our ideal candidate is:
- Kind and respectful (with everybody, at all times)
- Honest and trustworthy
- Proactive and hardworking
- A natural problem solver
- Capable of learning new skills quickly
- A great communicator
- Someone who likes being helpful
- Like-minded and shares our values
- Enthusiastic and helps create an enjoyable working environment
- A fluent English speaker (native or advanced). Additional languages are a plus.`
- Confident with using Windows and other basic software
- Someone who takes his/her job seriously
- A resident and has the right to live and work in the UK
- Feels at ease with numbers
- Is analytical
- Is really well organised
- Can keep things under control
- Looks for information from multiple sources
- Prioritises well using good judgement and common sense
About the role
The role involves managing our inventory via our software. You’ll need to create and send purchase orders, make sure that they arrive on time, and check invoices to match with POs.
You’ll be dealing with our suppliers, and you’ll need to ensure that effective and accurate communication is always in place. However, the role is not limited to this as there are other tasks that you’ll be required to perform.
The combination of repetitive and occasional tasks, both familiar and challenging will keep your days fresh.
You should know that we are lucky enough to have amazing suppliers. The vast majority of them are kind and respectful, just like us! 😉
- Monitoring Stock Levels and Best Before Dates regularly
- Forecasting to place new orders
- Creating and sending Purchase Orders (POs)
- Ensuring POs have been received and delivery date is known
- Scheduling delivery dates
- Liaising with the Logistics team
- Putting POs in stock
- Submitting claims to suppliers, if applicable
- Ensuring Invoices and Credit Notes are received
- Scheduling payment dates
- Controlling and reducing losses to the minimum
- Creating and maintaining spreadsheets
- Creating and maintaining product pages
- Keeping good record of Specs Sheets, Images and other documents
- Dealing with new suppliers’ requests
- Replying to emails promptly
- Proactive problem solving
- Keeping tasks well organised and under control
- Performing other tasks, when needed
Please note that we do not expect you to know everything off the bat, but we do require you to learn quickly and execute every task at a high level. We’ll help you achieve this by providing you with comprehensive training and ongoing support.
This is NOT for you if:
- You are looking for any job
- You do not believe in our values
- You are looking for a temporary job, including gap years
- You have other projects in mind
- You are not a hard worker
- You do not like to take responsibility for your duties
- You are not capable of working independently
At the end of the day, we all have to pay the bills – we get it!
But, there are other jobs out there that can suit you better, in that case.
We are looking for people that are not thinking only about the money.
We have a mission and a purpose, and want to bring in committed individuals that will feel proud to embody our values, and are motivated to help us with our long-term growth plan.
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Career progression opportunities for the right candidate
- Unlimited free access to our fine selection of vegan hot drinks
- At the office, we have a professional coffee machine that has never touched dairy milk (and never will)!
- Special discounts on our entire catalogue
- Last but not least, you won’t be asked where you get your protein from!
Good to know
We are a fast-growing independent vegan company, therefore there will be lots of opportunities to grow for the right candidate.
This is a full-time permanent position, so we’d like to find the right candidates that are a good fit for the Vegan Wholesaler philosophy and mission.
How to apply
In order to apply to this position, simply click on ‘Apply now’ below and answer the questions.
Answers to the last 3 questions can be found on our website.
Please note that we do not accept CVs. Why? Because we would rather focus on what you can do and what your skills are than on where you worked in the past.
Thursday 24th December 2020 at 23:59pm.
The recruitment process is divided into 5 different stages, so please make sure you take this into consideration before applying.
You’ll need to pass them all in order to get into the probationary period.
You will be working from home for the first 3 months (until 30th April 2021).
From May 2021, if the situation allows it, you will be asked to join us at our office in Witney (Oxfordshire).
Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm (including 30 min lunch break).
Occasionally, you may be required to work some weekends, and get time off in lieu.
£18k for the 3-month probationary period.
After successful completion, salary will increase above the London Living Wage (£21,160.20 per annum).
Further bonuses and salary increases will be communicated to full time permanent employees.
20 days a year + 8 bank holidays.
Monday 1st February 2021.
Health and safety are of utmost importance to us.
Due to Covid-19, we’re implementing further measures to keep everybody safe.
Our policies may be subject to change in accordance to Government guidelines, and in line with the approved legislation.
For the first period of your employment (3 months), you’re asked to work from home. After that, you can join us to the office.
Please note that in our premises you’ll be required to follow a strict Covid-safe protocol. Failure to abide by the safety protocol may result in the termination of your contract.
We look forward to receiving your application!
The Vegan Wholesaler Team
To apply for this job please visit veganjobs.com.