Sr Scientist/Project Leader/Director, Next Generation Plant-Based Meat Alternatives
Website Laguna Source
About the job
This is an exciting Scientific growth opportunity within an ultra-innovative category defining plant-based foods and nutritional products company with new research labs and expansive growth plans. You will be charged with overseeing new product development & innovation for a new line of vegan plant-based meat and seafood alternatives from product launch through to commercialization activities. Your overall roles and responsibilities will include:
– Overseeing Product Development and Innovation to introduce, develop, launch and commercialize all-natural vegan plant-based meat, poultry, fish and seafood alternatives
– Partnering with marketing, scientific and technical core team members to define project scope, success criteria, and critical paths while maintaining Stage Gate methodologies from innovation, R&D, process scale up, sensory testing, product launch through to successful completion of post-launch reviews.
– Understanding and leveraging the nutritional impact value of products, interpreting results and working with Marketing to further product development efforts.
– Driving Scientific Marketing campaigns through content creation, PR campaigns and writing for scientific whitepapers and informational documents.
– Effectively communicating scientific and technological concepts to technical and non technical audiences at multiple levels through a variety of mediums to enable sound business decisions.
– Driving the success of Business Operations through forecasting, budgeting, P&L accountability, development of KPIs and e-commerce analytics.
– Serving as member of the company’s leadership team overseeing and developing the emerging Health and Nutrition Science Division.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
– 3-5+ years of successful product development and marketing experience from within plant-based meat and seafood alternatives and or food-pharma related industries.
– MS or Ph.D. in Food Science, Nutritional Science, Nutrition or related scientific field. MD or MBA a plus.
– Scientific/ technical nutritional product development and product innovation experience.
– Successful experience building early stage plant-based meat and seafood alternatives, meatless foods, vegan foods, natural foods, plant-based foods, nutraceutical, nutritional products into category market leaders.
– Project Management experience developing plant-based meat and seafood alternatives or vegan meatless food products from discovery, R&D, development, product launch through to commercialization phases.
– Process Innovation expertise working with aggressive Stage-Gate methodologies.
– Scientific and technical expertise working with plant-based meat technologies and processes including heme, fermentation, leghemoglobin, cultured koji, soy proteins or protein isolates.
– Experience developing clinical trial protocols, scientific studies and laboratory testing methods which support marketing claims.
– Strong publication, patent and presentation record.
– Experience working within FDA, GMP, HACCP and CFR compliance.
– Entrepreneurial, visionary and strategic leadership experience with the ability to work within a dynamic fast paced ultra innovative environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.