Shelter Caregiver Assistant
Website Farm Sanctuary
Caregiver Assistants are part of a team of shelter workers who are assigned one of four animal care areas each day: barn cleaning, animal feeding and watering, shelter projects, or animal health care assistance. Shelter workers must be able to complete any of the four areas assigned and complete all tasks assigned within these animal care areas.
- Animal feeding and maintaining animal-feeding schedules
- Animal watering and maintaining animal-watering schedules
- Barn cleaning
- Shelter cleaning projects as assigned
- Assisting with animal health care and health checks
- Good animal-behavior observation skills
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Able to perform strenuous physical labor and lifting
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and maintain animal-care schedules as assigned
- Ability to work well with a variety of people
- Team player
- Very reliable and dependable
- Commitment to Farm Sanctuary’s animal-care policies
- Commitment to Farm Sanctuary’s organizational programs and goals
- One year experience at animal-care facility preferred and/or animal-advocacy volunteer history
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
Shelter Caregiver Assistants should have a strong desire and ability to do hands-on shelter work and a personal commitment to rescuing and protecting farm animals. Caregiver Assistants are vital team members of our shelters, where providing quality animal care is the number one priority.
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- Work schedule varies; regular weekend and holiday availability required
- Evening hours may be required during summer months
- Occasional travel may be required to assist with transport for animal adoptions or rescues
- Salary range: $24,500 to $28,000; based on experience and qualifications
- Competitive benefits package, including paid holidays; personal days; vacation and sick leave; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 403(b) plan; flexible spending accounts; and long-term disability insurance
Farm Sanctuary is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or age.
To apply for this job please visit veganjobs.com.