Website Noquo Foods
About the job
Our mission: re-inventing the foods we love
At Noquo Foods, we are on a mission to reinvent the foods we love. By using science and technology we aim to develop plant based food alternatives that are tastier, more nutritious and sustainable. We are currently taking on what is most likely one of the hardest challenges in the food industry, to make a delicious cheese using only plants! If you want to join us: we are now looking for an experienced R&D manager.
Why you should join us
- You want to develop truly differentiated food products that also contribute towards a healthier planet
- The opportunity to come in early and lead the development of our products as well as the team excites you, even though you have operated at much larger scale in the past
- You are craving an innovative and fast paced environment and want to join an ambitious and purpose driven startup that is financially strong and ready to challenge the status quo
About the role
As our R&D guru you will be co-creating and taking lead on strategically important product and process development projects. Being the driving force in our most complex projects, you’ll consistently develop and improve our ways of working in order to making us faster, more efficient and to ensure that world class products and deadlines are always met. You will be involved in the research and make sure that all phases of the development are well documented. In your role as the R&D Manager you will also lead a R&D team, set and monitor objectives and continue to foster a culture of trust, efficiency and collaboration.
You understand the consumer expectations on our products and stay updated on the latest R&D development processes and technologies. You know how to take a product from the drawing board all the way to the dining table, and how to prioritise resources throughout the development process and production. You have experience in managing customer relationships and how to test products as well as and in quality control.
You will report and work closely to myself (Anja Leissner, Head of R&D) as well as the rest of the operational and marketing team.
Who you are
You don’t have to be vegan, actually none of us are 100% strict about it, but we do expect you to have solid experience from R&D and product innovation within foods, as well as proven leadership skills.
To be successful, we also believe you are a dedicated and proven R&D manager working in a cross-functional environment where you successfully lead and collaborated with teams to implement best practices for research projects and introduced food products to the market with experience from FMCG business.
Preferably, you’ve also built and scaled teams and displayed some essential leadership behaviours such as communicating, coaching, setting targets, following up and leading by example.
We also believe you…
- Have at least a Master’s degree in Science, ideally within Food Science
- Have extensive experience in the food industry working with complex projects and many stakeholders
- Have experience with strategic innovation and product development
- Have management training
- Are self organising and self motivating
- Are a relationship builder and collaborator at heart
Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions, or apply directly. We are very much looking forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.