Website Chase Hospitality Group
Full Job Description
Chase Hospitality Group operates a portfolio of restaurants across Canada and the U.S., including Planta Restaurants, The Chase and Kasa Moto. Chase Hospitality Group’s mission is to MAKE AN IMPACT. We achieve this through our dynamic team composed of champions across all realms of the hospitality industry – from creative and marketing to culinary, beverage and beyond creating the ultimate guest experience.
Planta is an innovative North American brand celebrating plant-based dining in both full service and fast casual settings with outlets in Toronto and Miami. Planta exists to bring guests thoughtful, sustainable and uncompromising restaurant experiences without the reliance on animal products.
Reporting to the Chef de Cuisine, the Pastry Cook will be responsible for their station from prepping, cleaning, and cooking food as per recipe standards while maintaining a sanitized work area. The successful individual is passionate about the culinary industry and creating memorable dishes for our guests.
WHAT’S ON YOUR PLATE:
- Champions the brand’s vision and values and contribute to a culture of positivity and high standards where all employees CHASE perfection in everything they do
- Create an environment that is warm, welcoming and filled with positivity for guests and employees
- Uphold our standards at all times and treat everyone with courtesy and respect
- Create mouth-watering pastries that elicit a wow factor from our customers
- Bake treats, fancy cakes and delicious breads
- Assist in creating new and exciting recipes that are seasonal and contemporary
- Strong ability to follow current recipes
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients and make appropriate orders within budget
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
- Ability to properly manage your time and delegate tasks to kitchen staff
- Remain current with food safety standards
- Promote and maintain a clean and safe work area at all times
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 2 years experience as pastry cook, baker or relevant role preferred
- Plant-based, vegan or vegetarian experience is an asset
- Fully understand and embody Chase Hospitality Group’s can-do attitude, demonstrating a level of passion and dedication where no task is beneath you.
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations such as gluten free or sugarless items and ability to substitute accordingly
- Ability to measure correctly, proper mixing and blending skills are required
- Understand the basics of design with the creative ability to create visually appealing pastries
- Strong attention to detail and maintaining a clean and organized work space is essential
- Ability to follow recipes and create new and innovative desserts that appeal to our customers
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to properly manage your time while coordinating with other employees of the kitchen staff
- Exude positivity and possess a welcoming and enthusiastic can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented and impeccably organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Have extensive knowledge on cooking temperatures and general food safety regulations
- Culinary degree/diploma and/or the equivalent in education and experience is an asset
- Full time flexible hours are required (days, nights, weekends, holidays)
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WHAT YOU DO WITH CHG:
- Opportunities to grow and develop your career with our ever growing company
- Mentorship and guidance by top hospitality professionals in the city
- Discounts to gyms and wellness programs in the city
- 20% Discounts at all full service CHG wide concepts
Chase Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations in accordance with the Americas with Disabilities Act during the application process are available upon request.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.