About the job
BIG news for TWOOBS! We’re 5 years in, and after leading the way in the vegan footwear space, we’re on a mission to become Australia’s go-to sustainable & ethical footwear label. Think Allbirds, but make it fashion (and vegan!) As we head into this new chapter we’re looking to bring on a partner to take on the role of General Manager in Melbourne and head up business & operations.
If you don’t know, TWOOBS is not your average fashion business, because we’re not just a business with values… we ARE our values, with female empowerment, inclusivity, animal welfare, and now the environment, sitting at the heart of everything that we do.
We’ve made front page headlines more than once for our innovative marketing campaigns and startup success story, and our shoes have graced the catwalks of major fashion shows and the pages of Vogue. We’re primarily D2C but we’re also stocked in key retailers like David Jones and The Iconic. We’re currently a tight team of 4 full timers, with a focus on turning a traditional workplace on its head since way before Covid made it cool.
What we’re looking for is someone who:
- Believes in business as a force for good
- Is excited at the idea of profit following purpose
- Shares the brand’s key values
- Leads with positivity, empathy, and kindness
- Is interested in creating a non-conventional working environment
- Is a critical thinker
- Approaches everything with a can-do attitude
- Is interested in constantly evolving, learning, and growing
- Is interested in sustainable fashion
- Has diverse interests and life experience
- Is interested in the business side of fashion
- Is fantastic at leading people
- Wants to build something unique and innovative
We’re looking for someone who wants to run, lead, and grow a team. Sound like you?
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Running the day-to-day operations and balance sheet
- Overseeing logistics
- Managing service providers
- Working with leadership team to set business & growth strategy
- Implementing business & growth strategy
- Reporting to investors
- Oversee hiring & team development
What your CV looks like:
- 5 years full time work experience
- A good understanding of finance – experience running your own balance sheet, whether that’s been running your own department or your own business
- Operations experience
- You’ve led a team of more than 3 people before and have experience in hiring
- Managed stakeholders
- Set up internal processes
- Bonus points if you’ve had ecommerce experience
- Brownie points if you’ve had awesome life experience
If you think you’ve got what it takes to take on TWOOBS, send your resume, LinkedIn URL, and no more than 250 words on why you’re our dream GM to email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.